Setting goals and getting started.. and the day ended with giggles and smiles! Success! I will post a “second day of school” picture tomorrow. Why? Because I’m lame, and forgot to take a picture today. That’s being real, people. And you know what? I don’t really feel that bad about it, because every other part of this day was so good!
So what did we do for our first day?
- Mommy had coffee.
- Girls had breakfast – Krusteaz Waffle Stix, then they made their bed and did whatever chores I asked them to do.. I can’t remember now.. 🙂
- Mommy worked (Self employed virtual assistant)
- Discussed goals for the year. Some short term goals, some more long-term.
- Did some quick counting review
- Did our calendar
- Spelling tests for both girls (we do Sequential Spelling, so they “test” every day).
- Independent reading time.
- Mommy had breakfast and took a shower. (11:30am is still morning!)
- Girls had lunch.
- Went to library to pick up books for Time4Learning’s Language Arts curriculum
- Reviewed Madie’s AWANA lesson – starts again tomorrow night, and she’s a little nervous.
- Swimming lessons
- Daddy started reading aloud a book to them about George Muller, while Mommy did more V.A. work.
- Bedtime for girls was filled with silliness and giggles, prayers and loads of love. Thank you, Jesus, for a good day 🙂