I think the biggest benefit for meal planning is the flexibility it provides. I used to stress out at the beginning if I didn’t make what was on the menu for that particular night. Now that we have been doing this for a while, I am very comfortable swapping around the order of the meals as the week progresses, or “banking” them for another night if plans change. This week’s dinner menu is a little less creative and a little more simplistic. We are in the midst of some heavy spring cleaning and garden planting, so keeping prep to a minimum is key for us right now.
NW Mama’s Menu for May 26 – June 1
- Monday: Memorial Day – Our international student is making dinner for us. Surprise!
- “Tasteless Soup” is how it translates, but it’s really anything but tasteless.
- Tuesday: Hamburgers & Tater Tots
- On the grill. Have to take advantage of a possible dry day here in the Northwest!
- Wednesday: Roast Chicken, Mashed Potatoes & Tossed Salad
- Thursday: Breakfast
- Scrambled eggs, potato puffs (Pinterest – gluten free), bacon and/or sausage.
- Friday: Hot Dogs & Veggies
- A’s pick for dinner!
- Saturday: Taco Soup
- I’ve been raiding the original NW Mama’s (my mom’s) recipe box. You know.. the kind that are actually handwritten on little pieces of notepaper or index cards? Such fun looking through them!
- Sunday: Serbian Stew
- It has bacon listed in the ingredients. Need I say more?