I really love to be in my kitchen, however I am especially looking forward to cooking this week. Just writing this menu is making me hungry. I have not looked up a recipe for gluten free meatballs yet, so I may just be making it up as I go. Feel free to send suggestions!
This is also the week before Father’s Day. For my family, this Sunday’s dinner carries almost the same amount of anticipation as Thanksgiving in that we only partake of it once a year… for the sake of our health <smile>.
NW Mama’s Menu for June 9 – June 15
- Monday: Cheater Korean Beef
- A simple, flavorful dinner that everyone enjoys. I stir in some steamed veggies at the end to add color and nutritional value <smile>.
- Tuesday: Hamburgers, Tater Tots & Veggies
- On the grill, if the weather holds out. GF folks will go bunless.
- Wednesday: Spanish Chicken
- My new favorite. I have it on the menu twice this month. I hope my family doesn’t mind!
- Thursday: Meatballs, Sweet Potatoes & Green Salad
- Rain is in the forecast. Good for the garden, but we’ll be needing some comfort food after saying goodbye to the sun.
- Friday: Taco Salad
- Fresh and delicious. My sister-in-law inspired me to make my own refried beans. Surprisingly simple! I’ll be posting that recipe later.
- Saturday: Pineapple Tuna Melts
- These were surprisingly delicious, and I’m looking forward to making them again!
- Sunday: FATHER’S DAY – TRIPLE BYPASS, BABY!
- I cannot tell you how much I am looking forward to Father’s Day. If I were to say it was because of the menu, would you think less of me? I love my dad, he’s been a steady rock for our family through many ups and downs. I love my husband, he’s an incredible father to our children. But honestly, my mouth is already watering thinking about dinner. Eat at your own risk. It is also highly encouraged to reserve your bed at the hospital before partaking.