This is a very mild and creamy, delicious side dish that pares well with baked chicken, or even a steak. This recipe was given to me by my mom. She hand wrote it on a little piece of notepaper, so where she got it from (many moons ago), is a “Nancy Drew mystery,” as my family would say. I will definitely be making it again, and am thinking of adding an “adult” version with some powdered chipotle and/or sauteed onions for a little more kick.
- 1 – 16 oz package frozen mixed vegetables
- I used a frozen mix of broccoli, carrots, yellow carrots, snap peas. You could substitute with steamed fresh veggies.
- 1 – can cream of mushroom soup (or other cream soup)
- 1 – 8 0z container “garden vegetable” cream cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- Croutons (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare vegetables according to directions on package. Drain and place in large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, mix cream cheese, cream soup and milk. Pour over prepared veggies.
- Transfer to 1 quart baking dish. Sprinkle with croutons (optional).
- Bake uncovered at 350°F for 30 minutes.
Let sit for about 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!