Pineapple and Tuna? Really?
A delightfully delicious and fresh twist on the standard Tuna Melt.
Pineapple Tuna Melts
- 2 large cans albacore tuna
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 chopped celery
- 1 Tbsp minced onion
- 1/2 tsp lemon pepper (or to taste)
- salt to taste
- 8 -10 english muffins, split and toasted (16-20 halves)
- 2 large cans pineapple slices (fresh/grilled would be even better!)
- 16-20 slices cheddar or american cheese
Turn your oven on to broil.
Combine the first six ingredients. Spread over english muffins. Top each with a slice of pineapple, followed by a slice of cheese.
Broil 6″ from heat for two minutes. Watch closely!
Confession & Update:
I’m not a huge fan of lemon pepper. Rather, not a fan at all. If you aren’t either, I’d skip this ingredient and just add regular ground black pepper to taste and a squeeze of *fresh* lemon.
I used Colby/Jack cheese. Swiss would also be yummy.. or Provolone.. I heart cheese.
Pictures will be posted the next time I make this, which will be soon. Everyone was pleasantly surprised with the combination of pineapple & tuna!