This week arrived on time and I’m in a bit of a panic that my menu plan isn’t done for the month. I wasn’t ready for Christmas Break to be over (yes, we take breaks in our homeschool), and our schedule got very busy, very fast. Still behind a day or so, I’m brainstorming this menu as I am writing this post. Mr. K and I have a hot date this Friday: dinner and grocery shopping. Those with kids will understand!
The rest of the month will be planned before our date, and life will hopefully resume a normal temperature soon. So here we go:
January 8,2017 – January 15, 2017
- Sunday, January 8 – Refrigerator Cleanout. We will not be having leftovers again tomorrow night. We all refuse.
- Monday, January 9 – Mississippi Roast Beef (maybe this one), Mashed Potatoes, and Sautéed Veggies.
- Tuesday, January 10 – Taco Night Returns!
- Wednesday, January 12 – Nachos or French Dip.. depends on leftovers.
- Thursday, January 13 – Breakfast (scrambled eggs, sausage/bacon, and toast. Possibly a breakfast casserole).
- Friday, January 14 – DATE NIGHT! Grandparents are in charge of dinner.
There’s a trail near our place named “Brown Dog,” so hence, the name of our menu. Menus need names.
Week One has passed, so I am posting past tense. Working on getting my game back. Ha!
January 1, 2017 – January 7, 2017
- Sunday, January 1 – I believe we had breakfast for dinner. Long story, and it’s not that interesting unless you like living without a plan. No plan makes me crazy, end of story.
- Monday, January 2 – Prime Rib, Sautéed Veggies, Steak Fries. Was supposed to be January 1, per our family tradition, but the “no plan,” thing…
- Tuesday, January 3 – Prime Rib Dip and Salad.
- Wednesday, January 4 – McDonalds. Yup, I am that mom. AWANA night means eating on the run. Or in the car. I don’t run.
- Thursday, January 5 – Pretty sure we had breakfast again. Scrambled eggs, sausages and toast.
- Friday, January 6 – Fried Chicken and Salad Bar. Yum.
- Saturday, January 7 – Super Bowl Playoffs Night (Go Hawks!) We are like champions. Hot dogs, tater tots, and salad.
Next week will be better.
I really love to be in my kitchen, however I am especially looking forward to cooking this week. Just writing this menu is making me hungry. I have not looked up a recipe for gluten free meatballs yet, so I may just be making it up as I go. Feel free to send suggestions!
This is also the week before Father’s Day. For my family, this Sunday’s dinner carries almost the same amount of anticipation as Thanksgiving in that we only partake of it once a year… for the sake of our health <smile>.
NW Mama’s Menu for June 9 – June 15
Read More »
Inspired by this recipe at Allrecipes.com, the “Triple Bypass” has become a Father’s Day tradition at our home. I’ve tweaked this to our family’s liking, but the recipe on it’s own is quite fabulous.
If you are vegetarian or a heart patient, stop reading now. You will be sick.
If you are a Carnivore with a capital “C,” this will unleash the meat-loving animal inside of you!Read More »
The week is almost over, and I am late getting this post out to you. My apologies. Time management has gone out the window this week, but I’m reeling it back in.
The end of the month is always interesting when it comes to meal planning. I usually leave a few empty spots on my monthly meal plan at the end of the month. Why? Well, it’s a pretty good bet that I’ve banked some meals (haven’t used them or the ingredients) from earlier in the plan, and I can plug them in at the end. Life happens, people, and just because you have a plan, doesn’t mean it all goes accordingly. It does, however, give you the flexibility to move meals around according to schedule changes.. which seem to happen at a world-record-breaking rate around my house.
So here we go:
NW Mama’s Menu for June 2 – June 8
Read More »